4YOBlog means 4-year old blog.
Today marks the eve of my upcoming 4th year Blogging Anniversary. So I will try to do a blog meme on blogs 4 years or older.
Whenever I look at blogs I would always check the archives. At least the number of years you are blogging means you have a track record and history. But this is never a factor considered by any of those available metrics and tools that measures blog statistics. Today, maintaining a blog rank is a primary concern for most bloggers who are monetizing their blogs to keep and attract more advertisers to their sites. But most often those blog that commands high visibility may have been around for a year or two. Well these bloggers are really good at promoting themselves. So I thought of doing this blog meme to promote and recognize bloggers who have been blogging for quite some time.
Checking on the history of blogger.com, I was just a year shy starting a blog when it was acquired by Google. Evan Williams and Meg Hourihan (Pyra Labs) launched blogger.com in August 1999 (purchased by Google in February 2003) according to this link from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blogger.com.
I started blogging some years earlier, then stopped and only to find out when I revisited my then onclave account is not anymore available since it became a paid-for-subscription site. I never made any back-up of those postings so they are gone for good.
It is a blog meme (read more from this link: http://www.chrisg.com/what-is-a-blog-meme/) that I would like to start. It is my tribute to my blog on its forthcoming 4th anniversary and to all other tireless bloggers who have been blogging for four years or more. I plan to synthesize the outcome of this meme after sometime (maybe after four months).
Like any meme I have some set of guides to be answered by those folks (whose blogs are 4 years or older) whom I will tag.
The following are the 4 guide questions:
1) 4 Favorite Blog Entries (as much as possible highlight an entry from each year, just the 4 titles and links or title with the hyperlink)
2) 4 Unique Keywords and Tags on your Blog
3) 4 Do's in Blogging (A must for blogging and your best blogging practices)
4) 4 Bloggers to Tag ( please tag only those whose blogs that are 4 years or older and are still active, so check their blog archive, this is our way to recognize those who have been blogging for some time)
It is best also to check and inform the person you are tagging so that they get to know about this meme. I was surprised one time to find my name tagged for a meme when checking on blogs linked to me, but I was never told about it so I never got to do it at the specified time that was set.
Try to include these keywords/tags also when posting this meme on your blog – 4YOBlog, 4-year-old-blog, 4plusYOBlog, 4-plus-year-old-blog. The keywords will easily help me track down and find out those who will be doing this meme.
Thank you for taking part in this blog meme.
For those who are not tagged but interested to do this meme feel free to do it. Please inform me so I can link up with you and be included in the synthesis I will make afterwards.
Here's my take:
1) 4 Favorite Blog Entries (as much as possible highlight an entry from each year, just the 4 titles and links or title with hyperlink)
2004 My new blog
2005 – My first vlog at www.ourmedia.org
2006 Balikbayan Box
2007 Nursing is apolitical?
2) 4 Unique Keywords or Tags in your Blog
3) 4 Do's in Blogging
1) Keep a goal and purpose for blogging.
2) Acknowledge your blog commenter and do visit and comment on their blog as well.
3) As much as possible accompany pictures/graphics to your posting.
4) Join social networks.
4) 4 Bloggers to Tag ( please tag only those whose blog are 4 years or older and are still active, check their blog archive, this is our way to recognize those who have been blogging for a time)
2) Dr. Emer
4) Kiwi’s Adventures