A month in the Philippines

I missed the CO Multiversity R and R in Bataan, ughhh… anyway I will have my time in the beach, some time?







I made a visit to my folks in Ilocos and had a great time with my ’kins (8 nieces and nephews, I have 10 of them but Ryla was in Nueva Vizcaya, and Krishna was just days old). I had a tea party and story telling with them and took photos and video of their rowdiness and contagious playfulness.







After three days I came back to Manila to do my work with the STOP CHACHA. I agreed to work with Dinky until July 2006, while waiting for my assignment to get finalized with CO Multiversity.

I helped facilitate the travel of CO Multiversity contingents to the Gwangju International Peace Camp held last 15-19 May 2005. Haji Quiranto and Beth Gallardo made a presentation with Ayyi as an observer. Beth brought with her the Gwangju News magazine and the article I contributed was the cover since it has to do with May 18, an important date in Gwangju City, being the date of the Gwangju Democratic Uprising. Another article about the international internship program of The May 18 Memorial Foundation was also featured.



My brother Junjun left last 28 May 9 (from port of Cebu), back sailing the world seas. Zaldy, seaman also, will finish his contract by June and Vjoy will come back to the country from the US in August for vacation, by then I might be working in Mindanao. So, I might not have a chance to meeting both.

I’ve met several friends already. First day of work I Makati, I got an invite from Ros to watch her dance in the fashion of Dita Sandico-Ong. I took her fotos and video. We had lunch together and learned about her plan to travel to Germany. Her boyfriend, a Pinoy-German invited her to stay there.




I had a wonderful chat – face to face this time with Jane. Hahaha… she is still in her old form of being “pahid” (quirks). It was our same dialogue, of not being appreciative of the blessings and fortune that we continue to experience.

Work-wise, I had attended several community fora, met with the mob committee, the steering committee and the rest of the key figures on the STOP ChaCha campaign. Well, it is a privilege to be working with those who are involved in the Black and White Movement and the Black Friday Protest (no more Black Fridays, a case won already, since the Supreme Court had declared those repressive orders of GMA like EO 1017 are unconstitutional). Before I just used to read there blogs and re-blog them now am dealing with them on real-time.







There’s a post I made about the first mob I attended at the COMELEC at my other site: rebolusyon2006. I will be engaged in more on these kind of actions, so that blog would be more, perhaps, busier than this blog.

Comments

Amin Iskandar said…
Pete,

It's great to heard that you are happy there. It's good that now you are back working with the grassroots. If you meet Haji, send my regards to him... He's one of my best friend during the Peace Camp. He promised to take me as his son in law... Ha ha...

take care Pete!!

Popular posts from this blog

2013 Month of Overseas Filipinos - Davao Regional Forum

Qassia FAQ

Happy Birthday Buddha!