Experimental Witch Project winners soon to be announced



The Experimental Witch Film Competition Trailer



I am one of the 4,625 friends of Paulo Coelho at Facebook, so I got an email from him and learned from an article at NewStatesman that winners of the Experimental Witch project will soon be announced - on his birthday on August 24. So fans of Paulo Coelho out there watch out for this!

Below is is his e-mail and excerpt of his article.



Up close and personal, by Paulo Coelho
To members of The Experimental Witch

Dear Readers,

"Despite my being in this remote region, I wasn't alone: people were travelling with me through the words of my blog."

http://www.newstatesman.com/society/2008/08/readers-film-internet-despite


Love, Paulo


Share and share alike

Then, one day last year in Geneva, after visiting the blogs of some of my readers, I had an idea: why not work together? From this simple thought emerged the Experimental Witch project. I extended an online invitation to participate in a film adaptation of The Witch of Portobello. Aspiring film-makers were asked to film one of the 13 tales that the book interweaves and post the results on YouTube. Musicians could use MySpace to send ideas for the soundtrack.

Now, the submissions are all in, and the winning entries will be announced on my birthday, 24 August. Though some excellent work may be left aside in arriving at a manageable length for the film, this distant collaboration means I have been able to see the film my readers picture as they read my work.

So I looked at Jeff after he'd finished his questions, and asked him: "What else should I do?"

Apparently, Jeff thinks I'm doing just fine.

Paulo Coelho's "Brida" is published by HarperCollins (£14.99); visit http://paulocoelhoblog.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2013 Month of Overseas Filipinos - Davao Regional Forum

Qassia FAQ

Happy Birthday Buddha!