Monitoring 2010 Overseas Absentee Voting - Week 2 in Seoul, Korea

After the mass at Hyewha Church, I met with Fides and showed her my first contribution to the SAMBAYANAN, a newsletter  for the Filipino Catholic Migrants in Seoul Archdiocese. The newsletter can be read with this link below:





Then I proceeded to the Embassy to monitor week 2 of the 2010 OAV. I was asked by Consul Talisayon if I wrote to Inquirer, what I remember was an email I sent previous night to globalnation to encourage COMELEC in approving the Embassy's request to conduct election in different cities here in Korea. Little did I know that it was made into an article and was showed to me by Embassy staff. The article can be found here:



I went to the Embassy today since they have a consular service and check whether more Filipinos will be  going to vote. I learned that some Filipinos visiting the embassy for their passport and other consular service needs would also vote so the past weeks several cast their votes. Last nite I saw several groups who casts their votes. One of the groups, a Filipino organization came from Gasan, they rented a bus themselves so they can travel to Seoul, an hour drive. Then came the group and  members   Bro. Eddie Villanueva's Jesus Is Lord (JIL), in their black and white Sunday dress.  They came to the voting area with their Bangon Pilipinas Party list of candidates. At least 50 of their members came past 6:00 pm to vote. The group also have two of their poll watchers at the Embassy today.



Below are set of fotos of  the Sunday's afternoon's voting.





























Also these fotos appeared here:







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2013 Month of Overseas Filipinos - Davao Regional Forum

Qassia FAQ

Happy Birthday Buddha!