Community Organizers Multiversity a non government organization (NGO)with office address at 18 Marunong Street, Bgy. Central, Quezon City, is currently in need of 2 Finance Assistants for its offices in Davao and Manila with the following qualifications:
The FA is primarily responsible for providing assistance to the Finance Officer through the systematic recording of financial transactions in accordance with the generally accepted principles and practices to ensure accurate and efficient financial reports.
Principal accountabilities (Manila and Mindanao Office) :
1. Handles bookkeeping of all projects
2. Prepares vouchers and checks and facilitates signing of checks
3. Reviews and records liquidations of cash advances.
4. Summarizes cash advances made per project and submits the summary every 1st Friday of the month.
5. Maintains files of monthly financial statement, cash disbursements, cash receipts, journal and trial balance both in hard copies and back-up disks.
6. Submits monthly bank reconciliation every 5th day of the following month.
7. Prepares monthly trial balance, fund balance report, budget utilization report, variance analysis and project expense reports every 15th day of the month..
8. Reorders new sets of checkbooks when needed.
9. Executes the policy that cash advances will only be released when the previous cash advance had been liquidated.
10. Supports all program activities.
11. Performs other related functions as may be required by the Finance Officer.
Proficient in English, both oral and written communication
With previous NGO background is desirable
Newly graduates are welcome to apply
Knowledge & skills:
Knowledge in computer application (Excel, MS Word, Powerpoint)filing, recording
Able to work and relate with different types of personality
Can work with grace under pressure
Willing to work other administrative and technical tasks when needed
Salary is commensurate to skill and work experience.
Please send your application by post or email together with comprehensive curriculum vitae including your certificate of trainings and three (3) work-related references with contact numbers on or before, 15 March, 2009 to:
Loida P. Ortiz
Tel. No. 922-0246 / 927-0794